The PubWest 2020 Conference will be held February 20–22, 2020, at the Hilton Portland Downtown, in Portland, Oregon. Our theme for the conference is “Publishing in the Clouds: Practical Solutions for Big Ideas.”
February 20 –22, 2020
- PubWest 2020 will feature keynotes by Charlotte Abbott, founder and director of FutureProof Content Strategy; Laura Brief, CEO of 826 National; Guy LeCharles Gonzalez, project lead, Panorama Project; and Andrew Proctor, executive director, Literary. Pre-conference intensive sessions include (now included free for PubWest members with conference registration): ““From Start-Up to a Sustainable Business” and “The Art of Literary Publishing.”
The PubWest 2020 Conference will include:
- Intensive sessions with leading industry experts
- Lively panel discussions that present new perspectives
- Informative peer-to-peer seminars
- Inspiring keynote speakers
- Fun and valuable social and networking opportunities
Conference attendees can attend sessions on “Publishing Books Across Generations,” “Third-Party and Counterfeit Books,” “Special Sales Through the Eyes of Distribution,” “Editorial: Own Voices,” “Why Your Company Needs a Style Guide / Brand Books,” “We Need to Talk—A Dialogue about Macmillan eBooks and Libraries,” “Protect this House: Creating, Recording, and Protecting Trademarks,” “ Expanding Your Publishing Platform,” “Book Festivals—A Practical Approach,” “eBook Sales Reports,” “Relationships with Libraries,” “Podcasting for Publishing,” “How New Publishing Leaders Want to Change the Industry,” and “Connecting in Your Niche.”
Our new Peer Pairs program: discuss publishing related issues one-to-one with your peers. Plus: “Speedy Spiels: Ten Things about Publishing that Turned Out Not to be True”: four-minute presentations focusing on publishing myths.
The PubWest Conference offers a unique opportunity to get up close and personal with the most innovative leaders in publishing, printing and binding, design, copyediting and proofing, and legal services.
The winner of the 2020 Jack D. Rittenhouse Award Winner is Malcolm Margolin
PubWest is a vibrant, dynamic trade association of small- and medium-sized book publishers, printers, editors, proofreaders, graphic designers, binderies, and related editorial and service companies. Established in 1977 as the Rocky Mountain Book Publishers Association, PubWest is now dedicated to helping member book publishers succeed and has grown to include members in 31 states and 4 countries.
PubWest serves its members by:
- helping members exchange ideas and contacts,
- conducting professional development and educational programming,
- improving access to new opportunities in publishing,
- advancing publishing careers through service to the industry,
- recognizing outstanding achievements in publishing.