The PubWest 2020 Conference will be held February 20–22, 2020, at the Hilton Portland Downtown, in Portland, Oregon. Our theme for the conference is “Publishing in the Clouds: Practical Solutions for Big Ideas.”
- PubWest 2020 will feature keynotes by Charlotte Abbott, founder and director of FutureProof Content Strategy; Laura Brief, CEO of 826 National; Guy LeCharles Gonzalez, project lead, Panorama Project; and Andrew Proctor, executive director, Literary. Pre-conference intensive sessions include (now included free for PubWest members with conference registration): ““From Start-Up to a Sustainable Business” and “The Art of Literary Publishing.”
The PubWest 2020 Conference will include:
- Intensive sessions with leading industry experts
- Lively panel discussions that present new perspectives
- Informative peer-to-peer seminars
- Inspiring keynote speakers
- Fun and valuable social and networking opportunities
Conference attendees can attend sessions on “Publishing Books Across Generations,” “Third-Party and Counterfeit Books,” “Special Sales Through the Eyes of Distribution,” “Editorial: Own Voices,” “Why Your Company Needs a Style Guide / Brand Books,” “We Need to Talk—A Dialogue about Macmillan eBooks and Libraries,” “Protect this House: Creating, Recording, and Protecting Trademarks,” “ Expanding Your Publishing Platform,” “Book Festivals—A Practical Approach,” “eBook Sales Reports,” “Relationships with Libraries,” “Podcasting for Publishing,” “How New Publishing Leaders Want to Change the Industry,” and “Connecting in Your Niche.”
Our Peer Pairs program: discuss publishing related issues one-to-one with your peers. Plus: “Speedy Spiels: Ten Things about Publishing that Turned Out Not to be True”: four-minute presentations focusing on publishing myths.
Register now and save 15% with Early Bird Pricing. Hurry, Early Bird ends January 6, 2020!
*Note: The 15% Discount is automatically taken out in the registration portal.