- Entries are open to all publishers in North America, along with the designers, typographers, and printers supporting them.
- Books must have been published or produced between January 1, 2015, and December 31, 2015.
- Books may be soft- or hardcover and must have at least 64 pages (except for the Children’s/Young Adult, How-to, and Gift/Holiday/Specialty categories).
- Entries in the Jacket/Cover Design categories must be submitted as a jacket or cover on the finished book—no separate/unattached jackets or covers will be accepted.
- Books will be judged for overall design and production quality.
Rules for Entry
- An individual title may be entered in no more than three categories.
- A separate book must be submitted for EACH CATEGORY entered.
- An entry fee of $75 for PubWest members (publisher and associate members) must be paid for each submission. A $50 fee will be assessed for each additional category for the same title. Fees for nonmembers will be $100 per entry with a $75 fee for additional categories for the same title.
- All entries and fees must be RECEIVED no later than Thursday, April 21, 2016. Please submit your best edition(s). Books will be judged for overall design and production quality.
- After completing the entry form, print a copy and place it inside the front cover of each submission. If you are submitting a title in more than one category, include a copy of the entry form in each book. Be sure to complete the PubWest 2016 Design Awards Payment Form and include it, along with full payment in the package. Please submit eBooks and apps on a CD/DVD or provide promo codes so they can be downloaded for judging.
- All entries and fees must be received no later than Thursday May 5, 2016.
- Ship entries and all forms to:
PubWest Design Awards
Attn: Kent Watson, Executive Director
17501 Hill Way
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Items submitted for judging will not be returned.