- Entries are open to all publishers in North America, along with the designers, typographers, and printers supporting them.
- Books must have been published or produced between January 1, 2012, and December 31, 2012.
- Books may be soft- or hardcover and must have at least 64 pages (except for the Children’s/Young Adult, How-to, and Gift/Holiday/Specialty categories).
- Entries in the Jacket/Cover Design categories must be submitted as a jacket or cover on the finished book—no separate/unattached jackets or covers will be accepted.
- Books will be judged for overall design and production quality.
Rules for Entry
- An individual title may be entered in no more than three categories.
- A separate book must be submitted for EACH CATEGORY entered.
- An entry fee of $75 for PubWest members (publisher and associate members) must be paid for each submission. A $50 fee will be assessed for each additional category for the same title. Fees for nonmembers will be $100 per entry with a $75 fee for additional categories for the same title.
- All entries and fees must be received no later than May 1, 2013. Please submit your best edition(s). Books will be judged for overall design and production quality.
- After completing the entry form, print a copy and place it inside the front cover of each submission. If you are submitting a title in more than one category, include a copy of the entry form in each book. Be sure to complete the payment form and include it, along with full payment in the package.
- Ship entries and all forms to:
PubWest Design Awards
Attn: Kent Watson, Executive Director
17501 Hill Way
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Items submitted for judging will not be returned.