Small and medium publishers experiment in ways that big houses aren’t able to. The PubWest 2013 Conference explored these possibilities.
Special guests this year included acclaimed designer Todd Oldham, John Rubin of Edelweiss/Above the Treeline, Lynda.com’s Anne Marie Concepcion, Phil Ollila of Ingram Content Group, Susan Reich of PGW, Steve Piersanti of Berrett-Koehler, Jen Bilik of Knock Knock Stuff, and Gus Gostyla of Inkling.
- Keynotes from Steve Piersanti of Berrett-Koehler, Jen Bilik of Knock Knock Stuff, Nadine Vassallo of BISG, and Gus Gostyla of Inkling
- Intensive sessions including Re-imaginging Ink-on-Paper Books by acclaimed designer Todd Oldham and Face to Face, Screen to Screen: The New Interface Between Buyers and Sellers
- Sessions on editorial and InDesign workflow, house brand style, financial health, selling narrative and fiction, how to get effective book reviews, outsourcing publisher services, and reader behavior trends from BISG and Nielsen
- Peer-to-Peer Roundtables to discuss current events, emerging trends, and new tactics in each of publishing’s four functions
- Speedy Spiels: 12, four-minute presentations from publishers and associates on valuable lessons learned in publishing
The PubWest Conference is well recognized within the industry as the best value in professional development and networking.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Join us in February, 2015 in Pasadena, California!