Full registration details can be found here on the PubWest 2016 Conference page!
The PubWest Conference 2016 will be held February 4–6, 2016 at the La Fonda on the Plaza, Santa Fe, New Mexico. The conference theme is “A Passion for Books” and will offer four keynotes, three intensive sessions, and ten dynamic sessions all focused on making publishing more profitable.
• Keynotes by Kristen Gilligan and Len Vlahos, the new owners of the Tattered Cover Bookstore; Natalie Elliot, PhD, Saint John’s College (Santa Fe, NM); Jim Childs, publisher at Rowman & Littlefield’s Globe Pequot, Lyons Press, and Falcon Guides; and Mira Jacob, author of The Sleepwalker’s Guide to Dancing, who recently delivered the groundbreaking talk entitled “I Gave A Speech About Race to the Publishing Industry and No One Heard Me.”
• Preconference intensive sessions, including “The Future of Your House: Mergers, Acquisitions, & Sales,” and “Workflow Strategies and Tools: Moving Beyond E-mail and Word.”
• An extended publisher and head of house roundtable.
• Sessions on “Publicity: What Moves the Sales Needle for Publishers,” “Fact Checking and Plagiarism,” “RGB vs. CMYK and Other Issues in Producing Accurate Color,” “Managing Your Pre-orders—Predict your First 90 Day Sales,” “Research in Contemporary Book Publishing,” “Best Marketing Strategies for Sending Metadata,” and “No ‘ME’ in TEAM.”
• Peer-to-peer roundtable discussions for sharing ways to prevail in this transforming industry.
Plus, this year:
• A tamale-making competition!
• “Speedy Spiels,” where selected attendees and speakers have four minutes to share something they’ve found to be helpful in their publishing experience.
• Interactive Game: “Art & Artists.”
Don’t miss PUBWEST 2016 and the opportunity to learn, network, interact, and get energized!