PubWest 2016 Registration is Now Open!
Register now and save 15% during our Early Bird Special (ends December 18, 2015)
Full registration details can be found here!
The PubWest Conference 2016 will be held February 4–6, 2016 at the La Fonda on the Plaza, Santa Fe, New Mexico. The conference theme is “A Passion for Books” and will offer four keynotes, three intensive sessions, and ten dynamic sessions all focused on making publishing more profitable.
• Keynotes by Kristen Gilligan and Len Vlahos, the new owners of the Tattered Cover Bookstore; Natalie Elliot, PhD, Saint John’s College (Santa Fe, NM); Jim Childs, publisher at Rowman & Littlefield’s Globe Pequot, Lyons Press, and Falcon Guides; and Mira Jacob, author of The Sleepwalker’s Guide to Dancing, who recently delivered the groundbreaking talk entitled “I Gave A Speech About Race to the Publishing Industry and No One Heard Me.”
• Preconference intensive sessions, including “The Future of Your House: Mergers, Acquisitions, & Sales,” and “Workflow Strategies and Tools: Moving Beyond E-mail and Word.”
• An extended publisher and head of house roundtable.
• Sessions on “Publicity: What Moves the Sales Needle for Publishers,” “Fact Checking and Plagiarism,” “RGB vs. CMYK and Other Issues in Producing Accurate Color,” “Managing Your Pre-orders—Predict your First 90 Day Sales,” “Research in Contemporary Book Publishing,” “Best Marketing Strategies for Sending Metadata,” and “No ‘ME’ in TEAM.”
• Peer-to-peer roundtable discussions for sharing ways to prevail in this transforming industry.
Plus, this year:
• A tamale-making competition!
• “Speedy Spiels,” where selected attendees and speakers have four minutes to share something they’ve found to be helpful in their publishing experience.
• Interactive Game: “Art & Artists.”
Don’t miss PubWest 2016 and the opportunity to learn, network, interact, and get energized!
PubWest is a vibrant, dynamic nonprofit association of small- and medium-sized book publishers, printers, editors, proofreaders, graphic designers, binderies, and related editorial and service companies. Established in 1977 as the Rocky Mountain Book Publishers Association, PubWest is now dedicated to helping member book publishers succeed and has grown to include members in 31 states and 4 countries.
PubWest serves its members by:
- helping members exchange ideas and contacts,
- conducting professional development and educational programming,
- improving access to new opportunities in publishing,
- advancing publishing careers through service to the industry,
- recognizing outstanding achievements in publishing.
Members have opportunities nearly every month to meet in person or via phone through member Roundtable conference calls.
The association works to secure discounts on popular industry services through its member benefits program.
By engaging publisher and associate members on its programming committees, PubWest helps members get the most from their membership.
JOIN US TODAY! Click here to learn more about joining PubWest or contact the Executive Director, Kent Watson, for a membership application.